CCSPOM IS THE ONLY PRACTICE ON THE CENTRAL COAST OF CALIFORNIA THAT PROVIDES CERTIFIED OROFACIAL MYOLOGY SERVICES. Patricia is the only COM® between Santa Barbara and San Jose and has over 40 years of experience and extensive training with OMD’s.
We can help with:
- Parafunctional digit, lip, and tongue sucking habits
- Inappropriate mouth open, lips apart resting posture
- A mandibular interdental or linguadental tongue resting posture
- Anterior or lateral linguadental or interdental contact during the swallow
What we do:
- Eliminate parafunctional sucking habits
- Instill and habituate a coronal, posterior tongue resting posture
- Instill and habituate closed lips and nasal breathing at rest
- Instill and habituate a mature swallow pattern with a consistent lingua palatal seal with saliva, liquids, and solids
- Correct speech sound and speech clarity issues.
How Does It Work?
- 60-90 minute initial evaluation (90 minutes for digit habits)
- 12-16 weekly therapy visits for OMD’s, 2-3 visits total for Digit Habits
- Daily exercise practice 3 times daily with frequent habit reminder activities.
- AGES: 9 years and older for OMD’s, 5 yrs and older for Digit Habit
- Parent and family involvement is REQUIRED
- May be covered by medical insurance with medical doctor prescription/referral.
“ I have been working with Patricia over the last 12 years to help my orthodontic patients with tongue thrust and low tongue posture issues. The results that I have seen are impressive and help greatly with the proper growth of the face and jaws, as well as to facilitate the orthodontic treatment and maintain the orthodontic result. Motivated patients that follow her protocol achieve wonderful results. “